Monday, July 2, 2007

Self Portrait Tuesday






Lelly's challenge for this week: how will you celebrate Independence Day? what does it mean to you?

Usually my family has a family reunion over the 4th of July weekend, so Independance Day is associated with family and fun and relaxation. This year, my family reunion took place two weeks earlier. Over the past couple of weeks, we have been busy moving to our new home. So, on Independence Day, I am planning to relax and enjoy the view from my new front porch!

As always, I am grateful for those brave Americans who have died so that I may have the freedoms that I do. God bless our service members. God Bless America!






4 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely photos of you and your new front porch! hope you had a relaxing fourth.

we had lots of opportunities to thank our servicemen and women during our festival. they all looked so young to me!!

Missy said...

Thank you! I did have a relaxing 4th. I refused to unpack a single box the entire day!!
I see so many brave young faces at every military base we visit. They get younger all the time (because surely, I am not getting older!?!)
:)

Doodle Bugs said...

WHooo Hoooo!! I am so excited to see your new place. (not that I REALLY ever saw your old place HA! HA!) Your house is beautiful and maybe one day I will show up and have a show there :o)

I know the 4th is a special holiday for your family and I hope you enjoyed it :o) Your front porch is wonderful and I hope you spent some relaxing time on it!!

Missy said...

Too funny! Liz and I were just talking the other day about how I keep begging you to come and do a show at my house!