Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A shopping epiphany!



I don't know, maybe I just don't get out much. But, today, I made a fabulous discovery - Steve and Barry's. Have you ever heard of it? Of course you have, I appear to be the only one who didn't know about this marvelous place!
Well, I happened to catch a rerun of Oprah yesterday on which Sarah Jessica Parker appeared, talking about her new clothing line, Bitten. My ears perked up when she mentioned that nothing in her entire collection costs more than $20. NOTHING. I couldn't believe my ears and I was determined to go in and check it out as soon as possible.
I happened to have a few spare minutes today between Mommy and me Tumbling and pre-school pick-up, so I popped in. HOLY COW! It was a sale! And, when I say sale, don't think that I mean it was a few really awful things bunched up on a couple of racks way in the back of the store. I mean it was a SALE - everything in the store was $8.98. EVERYTHING!!
So, I started to SHOP! Here are a few peeks at what I purchased!

I got these in this color and also in black.




I got these in dark gray.

I also got a black leather headband, a great black tunic dress with bell sleeves, and a pink long sleeve t-shirt.

But, the Pièce de résistance - or in English - the really skippy deal was this coat:

2 comments:

Monica said...

we just went in there last week and I grabbed some more of her jeans for 8.98 for me, I love them and some for my son who can beat 9 bucks for kids jeans!
The hubby got a few tshirts lol
Cant wait to see her new summer stuff!

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

O baby, that place is the motherlode!!! I LOVE the Bitten jeans - fit like a dream. SJP is a brilliant businesswoman and Steve & Barry's is nirvana. My daughter in San Antonio just discovered that they have a store there and she's jumping for joy!