Tuesday, February 5, 2008

National Building Museum


We have heard how neat the National Building Museum is, so we decided to take the girls last weekend. They have an interactive room for the kids that was a huge hit! A few disclaimers, Olivia picked out her own outfit, and after being a single parent for the previous month, I was too tired to fight her. Heck, if she had climbed into the drivers' seat instead of her car seat, I might have let her try learning to drive! No, not really! Another disclaimer, in these pictures it is painfully obvious how badly I need to have my roots dyed. I will be taking care of that asap!

The first thing you encounter when you come into the museum is this exhibit about arches. Georgia was so eager to try it, she joined another family that was already working on it. In the end, it took 3 Dads and a bunch of kids to get it built.










While all that arch building was going on, Sophia and Olivia sat in their stroller and checked out the fountain in the center of the great hall.






In the interactive exhibit, the girls had a ball! Even Sophia got in on the fun.






3 comments:

carlo said...

what a fun adventure! you did a great job in capturing the fun in the pics.

did kristi post about this recently? the dads helping build the structure reminds me of that?

great to get out, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Missy-

Looks like tons of fun! Your kids are beautiful!

Tami

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

It looks like you had a fun time. I will have to take the family there the next time we are visiting my husbands family in Rockville, MD.

I mailed your LOVE Swap box today Priority. You should get it soon!